Both shows and businesses were competing in 23 categories in the fifth annual Content Innovation. The awards ceremony took place at MIPCOM market in Cannes on Sunday the 13th October 2019.
Moominvalley is produced by Gutsy from Finland. The series’ first season was broadcast in Finland on YLE, in Japan on NHK’s BS4K channel and on Sky Kids in UK in Spring 2019. Announced in Cannes too, here will be 20 new countries to follow soon.
The new broadcasters include NPO ZAPP (Netherlands), Czech TV (Czech Republic), and Puls TV (Poland). In addition to the above, all rights to the first two series of “Moominvalley” have been acquired in Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. Also, rights have been sub-licensed to HK Television Entertainment Company for their ViuTV channel and associated VOD and mobile platforms with launch planned for December 2019.
Other kids’ programme nominated as the Best Animated Kids Programme were:
- 44 Cats – A Dog As A Friend by Rainbow S.p.A
- Anittinha’s Club by Gloob
- The Star of Andra and Tati by Rai – Radiotelevisione Italiana, RAI Ragazzi and Larcadarte – in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (Miur)
- Trulli Tales “Don’t Waste Food” by Congedo Culturarte, Rai Ragazzi, Fandango TV, Gaumont, Groupe PVP for
- Virtual Hero based on an original idea by “Rubius” (Ruben Doblas), an original Movistar + series in collaboration with Zeppelin, Stories Grupo Planeta and Snofokk.
On the category for the Best Returning Kids Programme winner was Mr Bean: The Animated Series by Tiger Aspect Productions (Endemol Shine Group), SOS Fairy Manu and Blue Building Detectives by Gloob.